After reading all the comments on my Instagram, the common theme is style! What to wear? When? Where? Why? And How? Favorite call outs and comments, which will now be in my vernacular, btw! include “Fashion Slay,” “Understated Elegance,” “Infinitely Stylish” and “Style Icon.” While I am so FLATTERED, as you know, I would categorize my “look” as American Style. After all, I wrote the book! Literally… and red, white, and blue are staples in my wardrobe. To keep your style independent this holiday weekend. Keep the cliche RWB looks hanging in the closet and channel an American Style Icon to show off your American Spirit. Some ideas…
1) Try a flared pant with light chambray shirt and of course, oversized epic sunglasses a la Jackie O.
2) Or opt for an elegant skintight black dress in the spirit of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany’s.
3) Oversized printed boho dress like Talitha Getty.
4) A funky hairdo like the bangin’ bangs of Jane Birkin.
5) Chunky, oversized fisherman sweater, like Marilyn Monroe.