I’ve been thinking a lot about parenting — how I was raised, and how I’ve raised my girls. I’m not perfect. I am so flawed, and I don’t strive for perfection — I dream to achieve.
My father worked smart so I could have better opportunities than he did. I want to give that gift to my girls — the gift of creating opportunity.
Some of my thoughts you may not know:
1. I’ve always put them first
2. Their education came before everything
3. Saying NO was the best thing I ever did
4. I am their parent — I am not their friend
5. I love them unconditionally
6. They are my legacy
7. I feel proud because of who they are
8. I listen — rather than hear
9. I don’t always stick up for them
10. Work smart so they learn to